UPEC 2022 - 57th International Universities Power Engineering Conference
57th International Universities Power Engineering Conference (UPEC 2022) hosted by Istanbul Technical University and Kadir Has University was held from 30th August; 2nd September 2022, at Istanbul Technical University (ITU), Istanbul, Turkey.
UPEC aims to bring together young researchers, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and professors to exchange ideas, discuss innovative and emerging solutions, and develop collaborations. UPEC 2022 continued the long tradition of the UPEC conferences. The theme of the 57th edition was; “Big Data and Smart Grids”; and dealing with a range of research topics in power engineering.
The conference started with a half-day tutorial which was participated by 15 young researchers. Four plenary speeches were followed by 125 technical papers that were presented in 24 technical sessions. The papers covered
- Intelligent Power Systems Operation and Control
- Data Analytical Methods and Implementation in Smart Grids
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Smart Grids and microgrids
- Energy Storage Systems, Electric Vehicles, and Transportation
- HVDC, FACTS, and Power Electronics
- Power Quality and reliability
- ICT for Future Electricity Grids
- Condition Monitoring and Diagnostics
in addition to traditional power engineering topics. Almost 250 researchers and industrial staff from 30 countries participated in the conference activities. All the presented papers are already included in IEEE Xplore Database and WOS Conference Citation index.
One of the sessions
Our team in opening reception